Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How should registered domestic partners report wages, other income items, and deductions on their federal income tax returns?

According to a recent IRS publication: Registered domestic partners should report wages, other income items, and deductions according to the instructions to Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, and related schedules. In addition, registered domestic partners should attach the Allocation Worksheet in Table 2 of Publication 555, Community Property, to their separate returns showing how the partners computed the income, deductions, and federal income tax withholding that each reported. Each partner should write the social security number of the other partner in the “Notes” section of the worksheet. If a registered domestic partner does not attach a worksheet, he or she must attach a copy of his or her partner's Form W-2 or 1099-R (in addition to his or her own) and make a notation on the form showing the division of income and tax withholding.

Los Angeles Divorce Attorney

Los Angeles Family Law Attorney

Divorce Lawyers|Attorneys Los Angeles, Beverly Hills

California Prenuptial, Prenups

No comments:

Post a Comment